Massey-Harris #20 Combine - 1982
Dedication Year: 1982
Location: Ford Museum, Dearborn, MI
Plaque Wording: Designated A Historic Landmark Of Agricultural Engineering The Massey-Harris No. 20 was the First Commercially- Successful Self-Propelled Combine Used to Harvest Small Grains Under a Wide Variety of Conditions, World-Wide. Engineered By Thomas Carroll, Chief Engineer, Aided by Robert Ashton and Albert Luke, Principal Assistants, it was First Marketed in 1938 by the Massey-Harris Company. This Combine Opened a New Era an Farm Mechanization and Revolutionized the Grain Harvesting Process. Forty-Four Years Later, This Same Harvesting Principle Continues to be Used Throughout the World. Dedicated by the American Society Of Agricultural Engineers April, 1982.
Combine pictured at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI