ASABE International Standards Activities
ASABE is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to coordinate and develop the U.S. position in fourteen distinct areas of international standards development. Each of these areas has an associated ASABE technical committee, made up of U.S. experts from a diverse range of backgrounds, to establish the U.S. position in these areas.
These committees (called TAGs, or Technical Advisory Groups) operate in a manner that complies with all applicable ANSI and ISO/IEC procedures. The committees are:
(MS = ASABE Machinery Systems Technical Community; other TAGs administered by ASABE fall under another of the Society's technical communities, or as part of the non-technical community groups)
- MS-23 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23 "Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry"
TC 23 establishes working group on sustainability for equipment. Press release (PDF)
- MS-23/2 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 2 "Common tests" (for agricultural equipment)
- MS-23/3 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 3 "Safety & comfort" (of the operator)
- Agricultural Equipment Safety Standard Project Announced. Press release (PDF)
- MS-23/4 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 4 "Tractors"
- MS-23/6 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 6 "Equipment for crop protection" (spray equipment and drift mitigation)
- MS-23/7 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 7 "Equipment for harvesting and conservation"
- MS-23/14 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 14 "Operator controls, operator symbols and other displays, operator manuals"
- MS-23/19 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC 19 "Agricultural electronics" (equipment, animal ID)
- NRES-03/2 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 23/SC18 "Irrigation and drainage equipment and systems"
- ASE-134 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 134 "Fertilizers and Soil Conditioners"
- PAFS-234 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 234 "Fisheries and Aquaculture"
- ES-238 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 238 "Solid Biofuels"
- International projects for solid Biofuels. Press Release for TC 238 work (PDF)
- ES-255 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 255 "Biogas"
- PRS-293 - U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 293" Feed Machinery"
For any other questions or concerns:
Contact Scott Cedarquist