E-06 Foundation Liaison Committee
Providing a Fundraising Focus
The E-06 Foundation Liaison Committee was developed in 2016, and exists to assist the ASABE Board of Trustees (BOT) by:
- Defining, developing, and prioritizing fundraising opportunities and needs for recommendation to the ASABE Foundation BOT;
- Appointing ad hoc committees, as needed, to manage funds not aligned with an existing committee; and
- Conducting other liaison activities between the ASABE BOT and the Foundation BOT as needed.
In other words, it collects, reviews, and recommends foci for fundraising efforts to the Foundation BOT, upon ASABE BOT approval.
E-06 fulfils its purpose by:
- Gathering, defining, and prioritizing new, existing, or expanded opportunities for Foundation fundraising through outreach to the ASABE membership and structure, and then communicating these to the ASABE BOT for their consideration;
- Identifying prioritized fundraising projects supporting current ASABE Goals and Priorities;
- Communicating any prospective donor leads to the Foundation; and
- Communicating with the Foundation Development Committee to understand current fundraising priorities and activities, and ensuring they align with current BOT-adopted strategic goals and priorities.
How does this differ from ASABE's Initiative Fund?
The Initiative Fund was established by the ASABE BOT to provide seed money for new activities, programs, and pilot projects. It's a set amount of money available only in years when the ASABE BOT approves it. E-06 is a conduit to be used to identify foci for fundraising by the ASABE Foundation, upon ASABE BOT approval.
Have you indentified a fundrasing focus which you'd like to bring foward for consideration?
Complete the Fundraising Focus Proposal Form to start the process. You do not need to have all of the specifics nailed down. We want to hear your good ideas, so bring them forward, and we can work together to help flesh them out.
Please contact the E-06 chair.